3 things to consider before you travel
Here are some practical travel preparation tips and advice for those of you booking your summer getaway:
- Lost or stolen bags which can happen at any part of your journey.
- Cancellations or delays, or cutting your trip short for any reason.
- Personal liability, in the case that you are being sued for damage of property or causing injury.
- If you are age 65+
- If you have any medical conditions
- If your holiday includes adventure sports, winter sports or dangerous activities (you will require extra cover)
How much cash do you carry on holiday? The typical holidaymaker will carry twice as much cash around when on holiday than at home, meaning a lot of cash to keep an eye on!
There are safer ways to take money abroad!
Pre-paid Travel Cards
Give pre-paid travel cards a go this year! Also known as currency cards, you simply load before you go and use them just as you would a debit card to spend or withdraw cash. The benefit of these cards is it allows you to keep control of your spending and you can sometimes get lock in exchange rates.