Frequently Asked Questions - Seniors and Concessions | Airporter
page-template-default,page,page-id-50828,eltd-core-1.0.3,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,borderland-ver-1.12, vertical_menu_with_scroll,smooth_scroll,grid_1300,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.0.1,vc_responsive

FAQ’s – Seniors and Concessions

Can I use my Smartpass?

Absolutely! Passengers who have a DRD Smartpass that has been issued by the Department of Regional Development can travel for free on our services. To qualify for free travel passengers must produce their card number upon booking and show their card to the driver on the day of travel.

For more information on how to apply for a Smartpass follow the link below:

What happens if I forget my DRD Smartpass?

Smartpasses must be produced when travelling. Passengers without a valid Smartpass will be required to pay the appropriate standard fare for the journey.

More information on lost/out of date Smartpasses can be found here

Can I use my UK bus pass?

No, each region within the UK pays the cost for their own regions’ users, so the only passes which we can accept are the 65+ (blue), the 60+ (orange) and the ROI (purple) Smartpasses issued by the DRD. You must present your pass to our staff at the time of booking and we take the Smartpass number off it. We also accept the blind passes and the half fare passes which are issued by the DRD (Northern Ireland). For more information on the eligibility for these passes contact the DRD or your local Ulsterbus station.

Can I use my travel pass for free public transport travel within the Republic of Ireland?

No, Airporter do not accept the free travel pass issued to Senior Citizens for public transport within the ROI. However, those people (aged 66 years and over) who are entitled to free travel in the ROI can apply for a Senior SmartPass card. This Senior SmartPass card entitles the holder to free travel on Airporter services. To get a Senior SmartPass card you must fill in an application form (FTNI1). (It is not possible to get this form online, to get a form you must contact your local Intreo Centre or Social Welfare Branch Office).

Derry~Londonderry to/from the Belfast Airports